Thursday, September 11, 2014

Critters at Kensington


 Great White Egret
It was an absolutely beautiful day for a walk, I took another trail rather then my usual. I often start on the Wildwing Trail then cut across to the Aspen Trail and then on to the nature center. I have found that I see the more song birds along this way. In the fall I like to take the Deer Run Trail. I also walk the Acorn Trail at Hudson Mills Metropark....all beautiful fall colors!
 This picture is  across from the rookery...an egret and also a heron were hanging out. Saw a flock of Northern Flickers there as well.... all too far to get a photo. Always love the flickers with the heart shaped red on the back of their head.


 This deer stared at me for the longest time....no wonder they get shot. When I raised up my camera how did this deer know that it wasn't a gun? Of course they are protected here in the park so maybe they are not so skittish. Is that Agrimony seeds sticking to the deer's side?


 I love the little chipmunks and their "chip, chip, chipping" in the trees
 The American Goldfinch
The goldfinch love to eat the duckweed from the pond by the nature center. Haven't seen any turtles there this summer. Wish that I lived closer to this beautiful park!




No comments:

Post a Comment