Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hawkfest 2014


 We had a great time at the Hawkfest at Lake Erie Metropark. I went both Saturday ( with Tim and the kids) and Sunday. Great turn out both days and the weather was great....a bit windy though. There were presentations in three different areas and if you caught them all, you now know all there is to know about birds of prey. There were games and crafts for kids and also many live hawks and owls on display (great for photography) There were also vendors and birding clubs there.
I saw so many people that I know....my one time handy man Billy, Pam from the Obama campaign headquarters 2012, Donna from my camera class and Lyn a new camera class member. All of the Crack O' Dawners were there, a lot volunteering for the event. Good to see so many people that I know...thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend!



 Tim, Liam and Emma catching a presentation... Emma seems attentive but looks bored.
Tim, taking advantage of the kids activities ;-)


I love this wise old owl.




No comments:

Post a Comment