Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Best Time of the Year



Fall is absolutely the best season of the year. The temperatures are moderate, there are less biting insects and it's a time to look forward to Halloween ;-). The sky glows with the reflection of the changing leaves and there is the smell of fallen leaves (too bad we are missing the smell of burning leaves ) and in the evenings there is a nip in the air. The red maple outside my front windows reflects the color and makes my house feel warm and welcoming. Throw in a pumpkin scented candle and my house is the best place to be.
I have spent the last three weekends outside on photo shoots so I was paying close attention to nature. I loved seeing the gradual changes week to week. This Saturday is our last shoot ....we are headed to Durand, Michigan to photograph the historic train depot there.
Tomorrow, a few of us are going to Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Hills to not only shoot the mill but also pumpkins and apples. I'm sure we will be sampling the cider and doughnuts as well. After that, I have a lot of Metropark catching up to do. I plan on getting out a few times a week before the end of the month. I am suppose to be resting my foot but that can wait until the crummy month of November.

 Hidden Lake
 We had a lovely day at Hidden Lake Gardens. We all took plenty of photos and than had a nice picnic after. All the troubles of the world...ISIS, Ebola, the stock market as well as our own personal problems, were washed away for a few hours......a great day enjoyed by all.

 Sometimes, when you look at a picture you can feel what it might be like to be there. This is one of those.....I want to sit on that hill.
 Dreamy



 The White Birches throughout the park were so pretty


No comments:

Post a Comment