Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Thanksgiving Story

 Due to circumstances that I won't go into here, I usually am alone on Thanksgiving. It was easier when I was working. I would volunteer to work...the pay was great and a few of us would bring in our own Thanksgiving dinner. I really enjoyed that. Since I have retired I have had to be creative with making the day special for myself. A few years I cooked and spent time working in the garden (in milder weather), or I have gone to the movies. Two years ago (remember that very mild winter?) I went downtown to the parade with some friends and was then treated to a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at the MGM Grand. Last year I got in the holiday spirit and fought off the crowd and ate at Cracker Barrel. Not ideal, but the food was great and after that I walked at Lower Huron.
The reason for this story is to tell you that this year I will be spending the holiday with my son and his family. I am really looking forward to this but quite frankly, I don't know how to act. Should I don an apron and help with the bird? What is expected? Well, whatever, I am looking forward to seeing Mike, Twin, Sean and Mikey and also Ginger and Saki (the family dogs). Taking my camera and will be following my grandsons around like the paparazzi. ;-)  I also hope to go to the arboretum...one of my favorite places.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Took these turkey photos last year at Kensington Metropark........love my work on these shots and the wild turkeys.


No comments:

Post a Comment