Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Palm House at Belle Isle Conservatory

 The conservatory is called the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory. I was so impressed with all the improvements made from last year. I think they got some money from somewhere. Everything was neat and tidy and a lot of plants were cut back. Many new under plantings were put in especially in the Palm House. It was like night and day from previous years when I visited. I am going to try to get there at different seasons because in the showroom plants are changed out....now in the winter it is Cyclamens and Kalanchoe...will post those at a later date. The summer is unbearably  hot and humid but I was told by one of the workers to come early when it opens at 10am. Anyway, at this time of year it is a real joy to see the colors of all the beautiful flowers.











No comments:

Post a Comment