Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Detroit Public Library #2

As a great lover of books (I have an nice little library myself) I was a little disappointed with the library itself. I guess that I pictured dark rooms with high shelves filled with musty volumes about medieval history and Jane Austin novels. Instead, the rooms were modern with florescent lighting and computers. The other thing that struck me was the number of security people working there. There was a career counselling event going on upstairs with most Michigan Universities represented.



 This room appeared to be books for children with an event areas set upas well. I regret that I didn't get pictures of the furniture which was a 1960/70s design...really cool + shaped benches. This beautiful fireplace was in that room and there was a huge mural of Michigan overhead which included the two paintings below.




No comments:

Post a Comment