Saturday, May 2, 2015

Crack O' Dawn May


 We had a great morning for a walk! It's hard to believe that it is May already and the weather came through with a beautiful day. After a long winter and many soggy walks we all appreciate this beautiful Spring morning. We had a nice turn out of about 16 and our stroll was leisurely. There were a lot of birds about. As you can see there is a bit of green out there.
 A Sandhill Crane....the first that I have ever seen at Lake Erie Metropark.
 He was getting a bit of harassment from the Canada Geese. They apparently didn't want him there.
 This area where the Osprey was flying over and the where the crane is, was previously overwhelmed with Phragmites and you couldn't see what might be hiding there. They have since gotten rid of this invasive weed and what a difference it makes.
 Osprey 

 Never met a park bench that I didn't love and this is one of my favorites.
 My favorite "Halloween"...... tree cut down.....I was upset to see this as I loved the tree because it was a perfect tree to photograph for Halloween scariness.


In front of the nature center


No comments:

Post a Comment