Sunday, May 31, 2015

Peacocks


I took these peacock photos at Magnolia Plantation and was happy to have the opportunity to see such displays. Of course, it is known that the male peacock displays his feathers to attract the female. We also witness a male shaking or fluttering his feathers. This is also done to attract the female or to scare away predators. The noise it make is like hundreds of wings flying by. I do wonder why our creator gave this bird such beautiful feathers but such an awful vocal call...very unpleasant...that's why I would never have peacocks on my property ;-)
They are all trying to outdo each other but then it was spring, time for mating.


My favorite
 I am fascinated by the structure of each individual feather but when I looked it up to get further information it was way to complicated and I decided that I wasn't that interested...ha! They are quite beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment