Monday, May 18, 2015

Spring at Brookgreen

Can't think of any new titles for all these SC photos and I still have so may more to go.

The statue at the entrance to Brookgreen was taken when I was leaving one evening. The garden is only open until 8pm in the month of April unless there is a special event. So it was dusk when I stopped to take this picture. Tried to find out the name of this work of art. I am pretty sure that it is by Anna Huntington.
You can see this clearly as you drive by on route 17.




 This is at the back of the garden by the boat launch and every time I went by, there was the little bluebird sitting in his favorite spot!
 I think that this is Abe Lincoln....it's so pretty there especially in the evening light.

 There are a lot of naked bodies around here....I wonder what that Mother from Kansas would think after she made all that fuss about a naked work of art at the Overland Park Arboretum. Check out my posting about her from September 2012. The difference I think is these figures are in the classic style while the one at the Arboretum is a modern take on the human form. Naked is naked that's all I will say about that except I love all of these because the ladies are all plump like me :-)
http://carol-carolsdaily.blogspot.com/2012/09/arboretum-statuary.html





No comments:

Post a Comment