Saturday, May 9, 2015

"Welcome Home Birds" Walk

 This is what it looked like when I first arrived at the park at 7am and I thought it would be very difficult to spot any birds in this soup...but the fog soon cleared and the rain held off as well.
 Here are our two interpreters from right to left: Kevin, Paul and Paul's wife Natalie. 
 Eastern Peobe
 Natalie with a little toad
Thrush
We saw lots of birds this morning but with 3 birding experts pointing them all out to me it was easy. Beside all the usual suspects like Cardinals, Robins, Red-wings and so on we saw an Indigo Bunting, Red-eyed Vireo, Green Heron, Common Loon, Catbird, Blue Grey Gnat-catcher, Eastern Peobe, Swainson Thrush,  Wood Thrush, Veery, and warbles: Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Blue Common Yellow throat and Black-throated Green. I'm sure there are some that I missed. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get many photos. Great walk...thanks Paul and Kevin.
Later I will be having dinner with my son and grandson!
Happy Mother's Day to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment