Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Allison

  Well, my company has safely landed back in Myrtle Beach to find that is near 100 degrees there. My granddaughter, Allison, spent 10 days with me and I really enjoyed her company. She was the best house guest that I have ever had. Allison also helped with a few project....Thank You Allison!
Despite rainy weather we were able to do all that we planned. We just had to be flexible.
In the picture above, Allison is taking a photo of Detroit as seen from Belle Isle. We had to go to the island 3 times before we finally found it open (closed after the Grand Prix)

 We were so disappointed that the fountain wasn't on. Here are the workers cleaning it....at the rate they were going it is probably still shut off. We did get some great pictures of the city...clouds were awesome.
We visited the DIA and Greenfield Village, went to a few Metroparks and Allison was able to go on our Crack O' Dawn walk. She also hooked up with her cousins for breakfast and went to Liam's ballgame and Emma's 16th birthday party. Of course we were out to eat for lunch and a dinner at Olive Garden and several trips to the Dairy Queen. We also shopped at the mall.



Here's Allison at the covered bridge at Greenfield Village...that was one day that we had beautiful weather.
Now, I am lonely already and miss Allison's company. Still have my brother and sister-in-law coming in July and my daughter in October and if all goes well I hope to go to Kansas in September. Oh, and my summer photography class is starting back up. Keeping busy, keeping out of trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment