Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Cotswold Cottage

This is the lovely stone cottage that Henry Ford brought back from England and re-assembled stone by stone at Greenfield Village. The setting and the gardens are beautiful. I also love that you can catch the train nearby. I spent several hours wandering around this area. They serve an English tea on the terrace next to the house. I was warned about the bees but didn't take it too seriously as I leave the bees alone and usually they don't bother me. Well, as soon as I opened the jam container they swarmed all over me. I couldn't even finish eating. I got out of there unscathed but later, still hungry, I was eating a sandwich and did not see the darn bee on the bun. I got the bee in my mouth and it bit my tongue. Luckily, I am not allergic to bees and also luckily I had a glass of Pepsi with ice...that saved the day.
 I love the dry stone walls that enclose the garden and also the beautiful wooded area behind the house.




 Two stone walls, two wooden fences and the railroad tracks at the very back.





I have so many more photos that I plan on saving for a snowy day in January hoping it will cheer us.



No comments:

Post a Comment