Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Buckles and Buttons

 These are some of my Grandmother's buttons and buckles that I recently came across when cleaning out a closet. My Grandmother sewed most of here own clothes (as well as the predictable Christmas PJs for us). She only bought a dress (and that's all she wore were dresses) for special occasions ie: weddings or funerals. She wore print cotton dresses with an apron for every day wear. She always made her own belts that matched the dress material and these are some buckles.



 It seems to me that buttons sometimes made the outfit. Some of them are so pretty.....nothing like the boring buttons of today.




This one is pretty with a wheat design around the edge. There is still thread attached. Makes me wonder what the story behind this button was and what kind of garment it came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment