Thursday, February 18, 2016

Travels With Carol, Italy

 Here I am in the beautiful hotel lobby in Stresa, Italy.....
This two week trip to Italy with my friend Susan, is still one of my favorite tours. Of course we saw every church between Capri and Switzerland, museums and other points of interests but what I remember best was the sun and the light, the wonderful friendly people and the food, food, food. Just little things like a walk to town from the hotel to Stresa to sit in the town square and drink a sangria, or the little town of Frascati, where the whole town was out for the evening, strolling, sitting and visiting before a late evening meal....we were told that it was like this every night. Italians know how to live life!
Then there was the fabulous meal, al fresco, in the hills above Florence. It took hours to eat! Shopping in Sorrento, the rain storm in Florence and the singing and dancing in the rain (us) in the rain in Venice, Capri, Capri, Capri and limoncello, and the great folks in our tour group all made this the best trip ever!
Lake Maggiore where Susan swam and I collected sea glass.
 Milan
We saw so much in two weeks that it makes my head spin thinking about it. I have love Italy ever since and was lucky to go again a few years later....watch this space.




No comments:

Post a Comment