Thursday, March 17, 2016

Beautiful Brookgreen

In a short while I will be in South Carolina! I will spend Easter Sunday with my family and I  look forward to a yummy Easter dinner.... ham with all the trimmings.
My granddaughter tells me that all the daffodils are in bloom at Brookgreen Gardens. Soon all the beautiful azaleas will be in bloom as well. I love going there and divide my time between there and Huntington Beach State Park. I love every corner of Brookgreen but have a few favorite spots that I like to sit awhile. One is at Diana's reflecting pool where I can sit and watch the people go by. The other is a secluded bench back by the wall. Its a quiet place away from all the (other) tourists ;-) It is a great place to do some birding....I have seen Yellow Rumped Warblers, White Throated Sparrows, Common Yellow Throats, Hummingbirds, Bluebirds and Cardinals.......my favorite place to hang out.
Our weather is getting a bit better and today I actually got out and did a little yard work....still, can't wait for color and the blue ocean. I am a very fortunate lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment