Sunday, March 20, 2016

It's Not My Fault!

I have been a lapsed Catholic since 1980 when the church annulled my marriage of 16 years, however I recently started going to church again. Last summer, I found St. Josephs in Detroit that had the Mass in Latin with all the old traditions. rituals and beautiful music. I have only gone a few times....Christmas Eve being the last time I attended.
My ex-husband always said that if I went into a church the roof would fall in. Well, guess what? The steeple at St. Joseph needs emergency repairs! It's not my fault! The church will be closed for about a month to stabilize the steeple and later a full restoration will be done.
So, today I decided to go to Mass for Palm Sunday at St. Josaphat not far from St. Josephs. There are 3 churches in this parish and St. Josaphats is taking the Latin Masses until St. Josephs re-opens.
St. Josaphat's has one very large steeple and 2 smaller on each side (this church is clearly seen from
I-75). I felt confident going there as the steeples were just restored last year so they should still stand. Thank you Jesus!
 St. Josaphat's
Palm Sunday procession around the church

No comments:

Post a Comment