Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tenements

 Do they call these buildings tenements in Detroit?  Besides being totally uninhabitable they are very sad,sad sight.
We were in the parking lot behind the Masonic Temple and these building were beside the lot. They are pretty close to the new arena and I imagine it is a matter of time when they will be torn down and the area redeveloped.
I was fascinated with these ruins but also saddened....read on:






 How would you like to live in this area? The building to the right in the picture below is inhabited. There was a little boy of about 3 looking out the window at all of us white people with thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment hanging around our necks. What kind of life must that child have? He has nowhere safe to play. There is nothing in the area....no stores, gas stations or any thing that is viable. It make me grateful for all that I have and that I did not have to raise my children in this  type of climate.....how hopeless it must feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment