Sunday, January 29, 2017

Remembering

 I wish that this room was attached to my house. At one time I had a little shed/greenhouse behind my garage,,,,,ran it for about 10 years. I had Jasmine, orange trees, house plants and many flowering plants. In the early Spring, I would start my seeds for the garden. I also had a cold frame that I used to start early seeds but in the fall I would sink pots of flowering bulbs, cover with leave and close the top. In January, I could bring in a pot and it wouldn't take long before they were sprouting. Lovely to have tulips and daffs in February. I also had a great compost frame that I made myself which I filled with shredded leaves and grass clippings. If it was cold out you could see it steaming.....I called it cooking. Great compost in the spring for my garden. Now, I am lucky to get up to Bordines to buy a few annuals and get them planted. It was difficult to keep the greenhouse heated and it needed constant monitoring which sometimes involved shoveling a path in the snow and trying to pry the door open. It was one of my many hobbies through the years and I enjoyed it very much. Now I take photographs. I sat in this big room and pretended it was mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment