Thursday, March 30, 2017

First Spring Walk

 Today it has poured rain all day but yesterday was beautiful....warmer and sunny. I set off to Lake Erie Metropark for my first walk in months. I was looking for spring. My first encounter with life forms were these three guys (and a dog) out in their kayaks. Other than that the spring pickings were slim....just a few budding branches. Everything else was still gray and gloomy. There was, however, a lot of bird activity. I didn't notice any migratoires but the locals were out in full force.....Northern Cardinal, American Robins, Hairy Woodpeckers, Black-capped Chickadees and Red-winged Blackbirds. It was so good to be out in the fresh air after a winter being cooped up with a knee injury and one flu bug after another.
Love the reflections  (click to enlarge and note the little dog in the front of the blue kayak)
 Some life out there....more in my backyard though.

 A lovely pair of Downy Woodpeckers

 A pair of Red-wings
 I have to comment about the noise....some kind of frogs chirping, geese honking, and a huge flock of gulls making a hell of a racket. This Canada Goose was making so much noise and when all the other geese and ducks flew away, he was hurrying to his mate (I think) and honking the whole while. Couldn't figure out why they didn't fly off. Will ask the interpreter on Saturday when I see him at Crack O' Dawn.


Bye guys....hope you had a great day.....I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment