Friday, September 15, 2017

Detroit

My son took me downtown to shoot some photos....we really had a nice day and I took a lot of great pictures. It was really hopping down there with the lunch crowd out and about. I was  impressed with all the improvements made since I was down there last.
This is the Civil War monument at Campus Martius
This is just a street scene that I thought looked like old time Detroit...
 until you see the $25 fee for parking.
 My kind son who patiently waited while I took pictures. Thanks, Tim.
This was also taken around The Belt
 The Qline....we rode it from one end to the other. It was seeing Detroit from another perspective. Fun to ride by the new arena and what they call The District.
 There is just so much to shoot downtown. Bikes parked along The Belt for example.
 (more on The Belt later)
The old People Mover keeps on moving.
We had lunch here at The Grand Trunk....a delicious hamburger...yum!
This building was built in 1879 and was a ticket office for Grand Trunk Railway. It is fabulous inside. Will post more pictures later.


No comments:

Post a Comment