Saturday, September 9, 2017

My Feathered Friends

 I haven't done much birding this summer but I had my binoculars and thought that I would check out the bridge area at the park to see who's about. Just sitting on the park bench and without much walking about, I saw so many birds. The usual suspects were out....Robins, Jays, Chickadees and Titmice but I also saw 3 Flickers, a bunch of Cedar Waxwings, a Red-bellied Woodpecker and a Downy Woodpecker. I loved it....birding without any effort....great for an old lady. Did not see any Swallows. There are usually lots hangings around the bridge because they nest under there. I wonder if they have left already.
PS: my one little female Hummingbird is still coming to my feeder.
 Northern Flicker, male
 Cedar Waxwing
 Downy Woodpecker....male, juvenile.

No comments:

Post a Comment