Saturday, October 7, 2017

Crack O' Dawn Coffee Club October

 When I first started going to COD about 5 or 6 years ago, it took until December to discover that this group walks no matter the weather.....snow, sleet, rain, fog and once we walked through a blizzard. So, this morning's little sprinkles were nothing and we marched on our way. I always bring a small plastic bag for my camera and my oldest gardening shoes for the walk. I wonder what the people think of us at the restaurant that we go to after because we look pretty wind blown. I love this group of people....every one. A great bunch!
 This morning, before we even left the nature center we ran into this Praying Mantis which we all oohed and awed over.

 Just a little color starting...those blazing Maples are the first.
 I think this is when we saw the Chimney Swift...is that what Rita is waving at. She is an avid birder so maybe this is a secret signal. 

 Yep, she is up to something!
 Our trail leds us to the now dead meadow....my favorite summertime place.
 We always stop here for some reason and since I always take a picture, I don't know what they are all looking at.
 I love this!
 My little pet
Another month gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment