Sunday, November 5, 2017

A Sweep of Cranes

 If you saw a flock of birds you would say, for instance, there is a flock of seagulls (not to be confused with the old 80's band) but actually many species of birds have specific names for a gathering. A flock of Goldfinches , for instance, is called a charm.
 I was amazed at the number of birds at Crosswinds. Above is a "sweep" of Cranes. In the past I have seen a few Sandhill Cranes at the marsh but yesterday there were quite a few. Again, wish that I had a long lens. Me complaining about my weak and ineffective lens.
I was disappointed not to have seen any Herons or Egrets or the Eagles. They may all have been around in the distance but since I forgot my binoculars, they would be difficult to spot.




 The 3 photos above are of a "colony" of Gulls.....Wow....many, many gulls.


 There were also many Mute Swans....which is usual.


Of course, there always plenty of Canada Geese.

Above,a pretty big flock of Crows, a "murder" of Crows, making a lot of racket.
All these, shall we just call them flocks of birds, made my photo shoot very interesting. I have a lot more photos to post but first the editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment