Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Waiting for the Sun to Shine

Lovely Lower Huron Metropark!
Always a favorite place to shoot lovely landscapes no matter what the season. 
Beautiful vistas.
There are many hills and valleys along the river which make for interesting photos.....especially in the winter.
One of my favorite areas to shoot did not live up to expectations this year

 Every year I go to Kensington Metropark to shoot birds. I set up in a natural looking area and put down a few bird seed and they come to pose for me. This year, however, I have not yet been able to get out there. It takes about a 45 minute drive, my back hurts and the weather stinks. I haven't seen the sun in days. When it is so gloomy, the pictures look so flat and uninteresting. First sunny day, I will be out there. I will say one thing....the birds are ready for a hand out this time of year as well as winter. When there is snow on the ground they are everywhere. They are used to people and expect a handout. I'm not kidding, they hear the rustle of a baggy from a mile off. I gave my son a jacket that I don't wear because it is too big for me and he found one pocket full of birdseed...lol.


 Never met a park bench that I didn't like.
 There are many birds at Lower Huron but I seldom see them. My favorite thing to do is search for Bluebirds. A few months ago I lucked out and saw a lot of birds by the walking bridge. In the past I have seen a Red-headed Woodpecker there.
I need to toughen up or else I will spend the winter in an overheated house, looking at 4 walls and being bored out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment