Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Indian Summer

Blacked-capped Chickadee

We have been having Indian Summer the last few days with lots of sun and temps in the low 60's. I have been taking advantage of the weather and have been hitting the metroparks. These photos were taken at Kensington metropark in Milford. I really enjoyed just strolling along on the nature trail, never in a hurry. This is so out of character for me and I really have to work on this leisurely attitude. I'm much more the hurry along, worry along type. I love all my little birds that (at Kensington) flock around and follow you. I also got this great picture of the red-bellied woodpecker. Haven't seen one of these since the 70's when we lived in Waltz.


Monday I went to Oakwood Metropark and walked the "Sky-come-down" trail and got some great pics which I will post this week. It was really pretty there and I found out from last year that this is the best time to walk. the temperature is moderate, there are no bugs and everything is in plain view. The picture to the left is at Kensington on Kent Lake.


White Breasted Nuthatch



Red-bellied Woodpecker




No comments:

Post a Comment