Monday, March 14, 2011

Today I walked in Council Point Park. You know that I usually go to a metropark but with the price of gas I thought I would try closer to home. Actually the park is within walking distance. For some reason, I have been resistant to using this park. I can be so silly sometimes!
It was sunny but cold and the walking path went for some distance along the Ecorse River. The birds were singing away and I saw a variety: robins, goldfinches (in winter colors), juncos, red-winged blackbirds, cardinals and a pileated woodpecker. I wish that I had had my camera although he didn't stick around for long and flew up river. I have never seen the pileated but it is very recognizable by it's size, long neck and crested head. I think woody woodpecker was a pileated. Seriously!
If it's a nice day tomorrow, I may try my luck at getting a picture. Check out the link below to see Woody.
http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/183/_/Pileated_Woodpecker.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment