Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yard Work












This is not a good time to do any yard work in Michigan. It's too wet and you can damage your lawn and flower beds by walking on them but.........I really needed to do some clean up before I go to South Carolina. There were branches, twigs, leaves and other debris both front and back.













So, I choose this morning to make a start. It was sunny and about 25 degrees and...the ground was frozen. I could walk in the beds and not even make a foot print. Once I got started it wasn't even that cold. Now where did all the leaves come from? I did a meticulous fall clean up but they crept in from somewhere. I also had a big mess where I have been feeding the birds all winter or I should say, feeding the sparrows.
As I was cleaning I did discover signs of spring. There were some crocuses coming up in the front bed and in the back, my very favorite, sedum "Autumn Joy" under a layer of leaves. So, spring is on the way, I think.
It got down to 16 last night and our day-time temps are about 20 degrees below the expected average. Worst spring in memory...my memory anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment