Monday, September 5, 2011

Deserted













Found this deserted farm property and a very good photo op of the falling down out- buildings. The light was just right and I am pretty happy with the pictures.
Click on a picture to enlarge.


The farm house was big and the property at one time must have been a livelihood for a few generations of farmers. It's the imagining that always gets me with old, derelict buildings. Imagining who lived there and what it looked like when it was in it's prime, the children raised there, the harvests reaped and the joys and sorrows of the families. I spent quite some time looking around... a bit sad though.



Now, I want to find more old barns.



Thanks to Ulanawa for the tip off of this barn's location.











1 comment:

  1. Great shots!!! I love old barns. All your pics of this turned out wonderful!! Wonder what cool places you will go for your photography class field trips? Should be fun!!

    ReplyDelete