Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Arboretum Statuary

Along the walking trail at the Overland Park Arboretum, there are statues placed randomly along the path. I didn't get to see all of them because I only walked about one half of the trail but  I did get to see the controversial piece of art work entitled "Accept or Reject" Read on........








It seems that an Overland Park mother was taking her children for a walk when she came upon this statue. She was appalled that her little ones got a look at the statue's bare breasts. She demanded that the statue be removed. The city of Overland Park refused. I think that the battle continues.
This piece of art is by Yu Chung and represents a woman choosing which part of her body she accepts and and will photograph. Anyway, I think that it is quiet interesting and she seems to have "accepted"  her breasts as she is photographing them  :-)  Check out the links below for more info!





No comments:

Post a Comment