Sunday, September 30, 2012

Living in the country

 Jim looking over his estate.

 Max
 Jim getting ready for bow season.

 "Posted" all around the property
The pond

Really enjoyed my visit to Ohio and spending a few days in the country. It was a real change since I am a city girl. I have to drive 20 minutes to get this kind of scenery. What really struck me was how quiet it was at night...total silence.... until morning when someones rooster started crowing.
I didn't see any birds because it rained almost continually for 2 days which was the only damper on my little vacation. On the way home, just down the road from my brother's, I did see a flock (hermitage) of bluebirds. On the same road I saw one lone wild turkey as well. Jim tells me that they do have a resident owl as well as coyotes.
Thanks again, Jim and Mary Ann, for your hospitality although I do regret not getting my share of the zucchini  bread ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment