Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I saw the Chickadee today-

I was sitting in the living room after breakfast and the little fellow landed on my climbing rose next to my front porch. I had heard him several times but could never locate him. It was the usual cawing "chick-a-dee-dee-dee". The pretty whistle "hey sweetie" is usually heard in the spring and summer. This afternoon I put a plate of almonds and blueberries (slightly soft) on a plate next to the rose bush. I'll see if it attracts him. 
You may wonder why I am so excited over a little bird that is pretty common in the woods. Well, in my neighborhood it is always sparrows.......many, many sparrows. Occasionally we see a Downy Woodpecker at Don's suet feeder. So, I want to encourage these little ones to stick around.

It made my happy today.


No comments:

Post a Comment