Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In The Kitchen

Getting ready to cook!
Had fun photographing all my collectables and arranging them in a somewhat life-like situation.
Above are old cookbooks of my Mother's and a new jadite cup and saucer.

Above is an old ricer and vintage salt and pepper shakers with a grease collector. Women would have that on their stove to pour in grease drippings to re-use again. During WII they saved the grease for the war effort

Vintage salt and pepper shakers
By the way, my whole collection is for sale for $300

 I still use this coffee pot if my power goes out...I have a gas stove so it works perfectly. Vintage table cloth is the back drop. The only new thing is the Argo corn starch.....I thought that it looked old  ;-)



I had so much fun shooting all my collectibles and I had the whole basement torn up with all my equipment, backdrops, two tripods, lighting and so on. Still have a lot of stuff that I could do but the weather will soon be warming up and there are birds and bunnies out there waiting to have their picture taken.
Photography class is going to the Detroit Institute of Arts on Friday. Always a great place to shoot pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment