Friday, November 8, 2013

Christmas Cactus

Click on photos to enlarge........
I am amazed every fall that my Christmas cactus is so spectacular. Even though it doesn't bloom at Christmas (haven't figured out how to make that happen) it is so beautiful. Look at all the buds yet to open.
Every summer I put the plant outside on my front porch. I water it and fertilize throughout the summer. It starts setting buds in September and then I bring it in and put in front of a south facing window.
After it is finished blooming, I put it in a bathroom in my basement. The room has two windows, east and south facing. It's quite cool in that room and really sunny. I water it infrequently and just basically leave it alone. It thrives down there. I have had the plant for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment