Thursday, May 8, 2014

Beautiful Brookgreen Gardens




 I wish that I could see Brookgreen Gardens in every season. I know that in the summer they plant hundreds of Caladiums in the Live Oak Allee and during the Christmas holidays they have "the festival of lights" but the spring is the best because of all the beautiful Azalias and flowering spring trees...fruit and dogwoods
.

 This, I believe, is a Red Buckeye and when in flower it attracts Hummingbirds. A couple from Atlanta pointed the hummers out to me and I spent about 30 minutes watching them and trying to get a picture...no luck there.






Don't know what this bush is but it looks like strings of beads. Not often that Google lets me down. 


Beautiful statuary and everyone is  placed so it is a photo opportunity!



No comments:

Post a Comment