Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Old Deserted Farm House

 We came upon this old falling down farmhouse. It looked like it had been deserted for many years and probably was built in the 1800's. It just made me so sad to see it so unloved and empty. At one time this was someones home and farm. Children grew up here, the farmer worked the land and Mom perked the coffee for breakfast every morning. We didn't find any treasures but my son found an old 70's Glamour magazine in one of the out buildings. We had fun looking at that. I guess that time marches on. My house was built in 1931 and is still beautiful but what will the future bring....after I am dead and gone the neighborhood might become a slum and my house may fall down....I hope that someone finds the time capsule that we put in the porch columns.
 My son exploring and totally ignoring the "no trespassing" signs.
 The front door that let in friends and neighbors








No comments:

Post a Comment