Monday, March 9, 2015

A Drive Around Belle Isle


 I have already posted photos of all the bridges on Belle Isle as well as some of the pavilions but here are other sights that called for a "Kodak moment" as the old saying goes. From most perspectives, it seems that the city is right there especially when the river is not in the picture and sometimes it hardly feels that you are on an island.




 This is the McArthur Bridge coming on to the island. Whenever I ride over the bridge and see all the lights all higgly piggly and busted all over the place, I hope that the State will restore all of them this summer. I am really looking forward to going to the island in the summer and in the evening.....the lights will look so pretty lit up.
 This is a very old and falling down art deco bridge in the middle of the island....I think on Oakway Road. This seems to be beyond restoration.

My last find ....a small red bridge that is towards the north end of the island.



No comments:

Post a Comment