Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dad Would Love These


The car that I am standing in front of is the Model T that came off the assembly line and was affordable enough for the average Ford worker to buy. It would cost him the equivalent of 2 month's wage. Ford had the right idea...paying his workers enough so they could buy a car that the plant was producing.

 I'm happy to say that all the cars on display at the Piquette Plant are older than me! However, since my Dad always had an old car I do remember him out in the garage turning the crank, swearing when it wouldn't start, patching with Bondo, always having a rag to clean the window because the defrost didn't work and cardboard floor mats. My Dad would have a story for many of these cars since he started driving when he was 12.....smoking and driving. So that would make these cars old in 1924 but still drivable if you like to tinker. The cars on display, for the most part, were beautifully restored. I loved all the details still intact.




 Love the basket on the back....no need for a trunk when you have a wicker basket instead.

 I don't know why I remember the Hupmobile....maybe from TV or a movie. It was named after Robert Hupp and sold for $750.

This was the prize car on display.....it sparkled!


No comments:

Post a Comment