Saturday, January 16, 2016

Travels With Carol, Paris

Wonderful Paris, the most beautiful city in the world! Mid-nineties saw my friends Susan, William and myself in Paris. We were there for a week and saw all the sights, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Versailles, and much more but the things that I remember most are the sights and sounds of this fabulous city. The musician, as seen above, is just an example. Buying my small painting in Montmartre, visiting the beautiful Luxembourg Gardens, looking for a bottle of Baileys on the left bank, being lured into a Greek restaurant , also in the left bank and the aperitif served everywhere are all what comes to mind right now. Bill and I took to hanging out at a Irish Pub (of all things) that was across from out hotel in La Halle. Anyway it is the small things that I remember about the trip and my aching feet....we walked miles everyday.
Susan, me, being very happy, and Bill
Here I am at Chopin's grave...it was so beautiful with all fresh flowers. this is the cemetery, the name escapes me now, that Jim Morrison's grave is located. The grave site had two guards.... the bust had already been stolen. The best cemetery with so many famous people buried there.
Wow, I will never forget all the wonderful desserts...this was taken at the lovely restaurant at the D'orsay which has many of the impressionists paintings and Rodin sculptures. We spend half a day there. The restaurant itself was a work of art.
This is a boat similar to the one we took at night...dinner boat. As we traveled down the Seine each landmark was spotlighted...wonderful. 
One of the highlights of the trip was this beautiful woman singing a French song to add to a wonderful night. Note the Japanese group in the background. They were having a great time and took a liking to Susan and at the end of the night they all came to hug her like she was a celebrity. Even my Japanese son-in-law couldn't figure out what that was all about.
I have such great memories from my life and I am so lucky to have had all these great experiences.
All photos were taken with a 35 mm film camera and after scanning, I'm afraid the quality is poor.



No comments:

Post a Comment