Wednesday, November 2, 2016

There is a story here....

Firstly, I want to thank my brother, Jim, for taking me on this drive by photo shoot. It takes a lot of patience having me and my camera on board ;-)
Here we are in western Pennsylvania countryside on route 18. We had been to New Wilmington so I could see the collage that I went to many years ago, Westminster College. We passed this Amish buggy that was going at a pretty good clip and Jim suggested we get passed it and wait when it came up the hill so I could get a good photo. The horse slowed way down as it struggled up the hill. Aboard was a woman and two children. Coming up behind them was a very large semi truck. It stopped behind them, maybe fearing he might spook the horse and then slowly pulled around them. I was holding my breath the whole time and I think the horse was nervous too as he took a large dump right there and then.
Did you know that the Amish do not have to have a drivers license to drive a buggy on the road nor do they have to have a license plate. I do have to wonder on the number of accidents that occur involving an Amish horse and buggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment