Sunday, February 19, 2017

African American History Museum



 What a beautiful building.....it's worth seeing just the building itself. I was a little confused as I though that this was an African Art Museum. It is actually an African American history in America. Very interesting although some if the displays of the slaves being brought by ship to this country was very disturbing to me as well as the slave auction and so on. Interesting but sad as well.
I have some other photos to post....there was no photography allowed in the galleries but I did sneak a few. If you can take pictures at the DIA and the Louvre in Paris, why not here? I'm not always good about obeying rules.

 This was so beautiful....you can see the sky and clouds.


 I fell in love with this sculpture and took photos from every angle.


MJ and Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment