Monday, April 10, 2017

Original Fiesta Ware

This teapot was a wedding gift to my parents in 1940 (Wow, that makes it 77 years old) and although it has a small chip it, it is one of my prized possessions. My mother must have used it often because there are tea stains inside.
Here and below, are photos that I took of two gardening books by  Thalassa Cruso. You have to be pretty old to remember her. She was English and a master gardener. She had her own show on PBS and was frequently a guest on Johnny Carson. What a character! Such an odd ball that she was very entertaining. "Just bung it down in a new pot and water it" she told Carson as she tried to revive an old office plant. Her gardening advice was entertaining and practical and I still use her books as references today.

No comments:

Post a Comment