Monday, July 30, 2012

4 Very Bad Pictures


I went on a hunt for butterflies yesterday in hopes of getting some photos. These were the best I could do. I went to several different places and even waited until it was warm and sunny but not much luck. I did see two beautiful Tiger Swallowtails and a Viceroy but they wouldn't stop for a picture :-(
These pour guys above are the worst for wear, with tears in their wings,,,,and both were lethargic. The top I think is a fritillaria of some kind and the bottom is a Red-Spotted Purple.


However, the day wasn't wasted. Even though these pictures are bad (because, hello, they were so far away), I was very lucky and happy to see them. The top is a Belted Kingfisher. I got to see him dive for a fish and then he was perched on a branch for the longest time. Below, is  Green Heron. I have seen them before but never had a chance for a picture.
So, despite my terrible pictures, my walk was a rewarding one. Hope to get out again on Weds or Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment