Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Before the Heat Wave

Before this last heat wave hit, I had a lovely early morning walk at Crosswinds Marsh. Above is my favorite bench. There are always little song sparrows, goldfinches and warblers there and I will sit, camera in the ready. It's quiet and peaceful.
The bird below is a Juvenile cedar waxwing...I think...not sure. I saw others in the area so I'm giving it a guess plus the black mask.

                             King Bird
                             The marsh
               Info for anyone not familiar with the marsh and it's environs. Where I live in southeast Michigan, it is as flat as a pancake. You must know that any hills or rises are man made as is the hill in the back ground of this picture. Looming over the marsh is giant and I mean giant, hills that are made out of trash. The trash comes from Canada. I can't understand that a country of that size cannot find space for their own trash but must ship it to us transported in big lumbering trucks that tear up our roads. Of course, this place has been very controversial and the amount of trash coming in is now limited. What? No passports for garbage? Terrorist could be hiding in and amongst that stuff!
                            The Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment