Monday, April 15, 2013

Goodbye Ocean

 I took an early morning walk on the beach to say goodbye to the ocean. The sun was almost up and there was a mist in the air. Many, many beach creatures washed up with the high tide.....nobody but me walking along.


 Goodbye ocean until next year....
 After the beach walk I ventured over to the overlook on the saltwater marsh. There was one very accommodating Great Egret posing for my camera.


 I couldn't leave without a last look at the feeding station at the education center at Huntington Beach State Park. I was rewarded with a long look and about 20 pictures of this very beautiful Painted Bunting. I think that they just arrived in town from their migration and I am thrilled that I got to see this colorful bird. Wish he didn't hide in the feeding cage. I am happy because we don't have these birds in Michigan


I also was happy, on my last day, to get a photo of a Carolina Chickadee...we have Black-capped in Michigan. It was my lucky morning that's for sure.
Goodbye my Carolina birds and my ocean....until next April.

No comments:

Post a Comment