Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Graffiti: made in Detroit


 You can see the graffiti from Gratiot as you pass by Eastern Market. It took us a few minutes to figure out how to get to it. As you can see that the market sits up and looks out over the city ( Ford Field roof is visible as well as Comerica Park).
 We walked around to the outer edge of the market on the service drive. Risking life and limb, we crossed the service drive to get a better angle as the cars went whizzing by. It was all worth it to get great shots of this colorful artwork.
 Gratiot Ave. and service drive
 Even the dumpsters were interesting
 I won't pretend to understand any of this! I can't even read what is written here. All that I know is the art is  beautiful, colorful and you could stand for hours looking at all the detail. I love the ladies sitting in the window and my favorite "Detroit Rock City"








No comments:

Post a Comment