Friday, May 3, 2013

Living Wall


I forgot to include this really cool wall that is supporting ivy and ferns...this was in the lane leading to the Unitarian Church. Really a great patina on the brick.

News from the home front: Went on a photo shoot with some of my photographer friends to the Heildelberg Project in Detroit...this was on Wednesday. Last night one of the houses burnt to the ground...arson is suspected. We are scheduled to go again in two weeks...will take photos. Took so many great shots there on Wednesday and I'm working on getting them edited as well as some photos that I took today on my Spring walk at Lower Huron Metropark. Was surprised that everything is not in full bloom.... the redbuds will be peak in about a week.
Spent yesterday running around looking for barberry bushes for my yard. I had to go all the way to Bordines in Rochester to find the kind that I wanted. Tim has promised to come on Tuesday and help plant them. I remember not too many years ago when I did all of that myself. Now, I am trying to plant low maintenance plants to cut down on the amount of annuals and work. My backyard looks lovely right now. The periwinkle has finally filled in everywhere and they are full of their little periwinkle blue flowers. Most of the daffs are finished but the tulips are in bloom and beautiful. Will get some photos if the light is good tonight.
Tomorrow is Crack O' Dawn and since I missed last month, I am really looking forward to it.Maybe Eric and Phyllis will be back. Next week, Mother's Day weekend. there is the annual bird walk at Lake Erie Metropark. We always see a lot of birds. I think it may be both Sat and Sun this year.
I want to get down to Magee Marsh next week for sure to see the migratory birds. The marsh is about 25 miles east of Toledo. I have never been but have heard wonderful things about the marsh and preserve.
All of this and I still have spring cleaning to finish and yard work to do. Gosh, how did I ever find time to work.....oh, ya, no time then for birding, photography, social groups or blogging.  I love being retired!
PS: Saw two bluebirds today!

No comments:

Post a Comment