Saturday, December 7, 2013

Books, Books and More Books

Those of you that follow my blog on a regular basis know where my interest lay as all my posts are documented with photos. But one of my biggest interest (time and money) is reading. Since I was a little girl I have always had my nose buried in a book. I used to sneak into the adult section of the library and hide in the corner reading books that I guess were not appropriate for my age. 
I love to read and have a pretty good size collection of books that I have already read and reread. Some are my most cherished possessions and I worry that when I pass no one will want them and they will all go to the landfill. Please, grandkids, save my books.
This is a picture of my main library but of course there are other little collections through out the house. Even in the basement there are books that I'm not quite ready to throw away. Of course, I pass some books onto friends and some I donate to my library.


Note little tabs sticking out of the tops of the books....these indicate copy write dates so that I can reread the books in order.
Louise Penny one of my favorite....
 Here are some books forgotten.
 These are books waiting to be read or finished.
$2 books from Amazon....$2 and then $5 shipping!
 This is a book I am reading now
 I use books to decorate
(don't know what that nail is doing in there)
 Just to mention that beside buying books, I do go to my local library. There are always books on hold there for me. I also have a Kindle (hey, I'm a modern woman) so I have books on my Kindle and books in the cloud. Can't forget that I used to be a magazine hoarder. After intensive therapy, I got over that and now  subscribe to 5 and only keep 2 birding magazines ;-)
Love watching a Tiger game or the Pistons and reading at the same time. Still young enough to multitask!

Thank you writers for being so imaginative and talented and for entertaining me daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment