Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Little Chickadee


I have a lot of favorite birds.....the male Northern Cardinal because of his beautiful red coat and his clear and beautiful song on a summer's evening. The Blue Bird is also a favorite of mine because it is so pretty and I believe a good luck bird. I also love the European Robin which I have only seen once, in Ireland, but what a cute little bird. You will recognize it as the Christmas card bird. But my all time favorite is the Black-capped Chickadee. So little but so full of energy. They have such personality if that can be said about a bird. Although I took this photo in Kansas the Chickadees at Kensington Metropark are so tame and friendly that they greet you in the parking lot. They will land on your hand to get seeds and even perch on your head.
Another of my favorite is the Indigo Bunting...love the indigo blue coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment