Monday, January 27, 2014

Following the Snow



On Saturday, I was finally able to get out for a little walk at Lower Huron Metropark. When I left the house the sun was shining but that didn't last. There was no wind and the temperature was in the 20s. Best day that we have had in weeks. After a short time, it got very dark and soon heavy snow was falling. I found a piece of plastic in my trunk and used that to wrap my camera. I always plan on buying a camera "rain coat" but never get around to it. For Christmas, my granddaughter gave me a pair of gloves/mittens and they even have a hole in the thumbs. These worked really well. 
The above area is actually the hike/bike path...pretty in the snow.


 This is where the picnic tables are stacked.....I took some great pictures here in the fall.


The entrance to Bob White nature trail.





This is the hike/bike path near the nature trail. There were a few folks out walking dogs or running. I really wanted to walk the Paw Paw trail but though the parking lot was plowed, the path to the trail itself was untouched and pretty deep in snow so I gave it up.


Here's a hearty soul....a dedicated runner or else, like me, a guy with cabin fever. There were guys playing hockey on one pond and a few skaters on another. I could smell the wood smoke from the fire.
The weather is brutal today and will be worse tomorrow with a high of only 4 degrees F. Yesterday it snowed about 4 inches and overnight we got another 3. This is a very old fashion winter of yesteryear although the term "polar vortex" is new to me.
My daughter and family live in Myrtle Beach, SC and they are expecting sleet, ice and snow...very rare for them. Amy had to go out and buy ice scrapers for the cars.
All I know is ....this weather is costing me money....increase in the heating bill and snow removal is killing my budget.
Will miss yoga tonight and rehab tomorrow...in fact, I'm betting they will be closed. How long until spring?


Go away



No comments:

Post a Comment