Saturday, April 5, 2014

Crack O' Dawn April



 Went to Crack O' Dawn this morning....first time in four months. It was good seeing everyone. Our walk was cold, damp and muddy although I did see a song bird to put on my life list. We saw Tundra Swans flying over as well as an egret. I was up to my ankles in mud and regretted not wearing my boots. Breakfast after is always the best!


Deer everywhere and they all looked so hungry....they came right up to us and Paul shooed them away :-(


Silhouetted Red-winged Blackbird



 Ice/snow mix on path




Paul IDs this feather as a Gadwall duck. We think he met his end at the trails edge...the duck not Paul ;-)


Veronica, Pat, Bernie and Inge
For those of you who don't know Inge, I want to tell you that she is a good woman. She carries a plastic bag and  picks up trash along the trail. Her and Bernie also participate in the park clean -up day in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment